Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lilly's Flowers


Hello all! This is my first attempt at an altered book. I found a great cardboard fronted, bound notebook at Staples (don't worry it is recycled paper!). I was able to buy the notebook for $2.49, and between the rest of my supplies was able to make this book for about $5. Not a bad price for my son to give as a birthday gift! And who doesn't like a personalized gift?

I used Stampin' Up cardstock and some patterned paper I found at Michael's. Ripped the green and placed it on the purple. Cut a strip of patterned paper and taped to the green edge. Then I used my crop-o-dile to set some eyelets on the patterned paper. Used some dark purple Offray Ribbon from Ben Franklin and weaved it through the eyelets.

The next thing I did was stamp the flourish from the Stampin' Up set Doodle This in the bottom left corner. Added some flowers from Petaloo at the top of the stamped image so it resembles a flower bouquet. The letters are chipboard that I embossed with detail black. All of the embellishments are attached with my new favorite craft glue called The Ultimate.

I hope you come back again to view my creations! Until then, I hope you indulge your cravings!

No comments:

Post a Comment